The City of Wädenswil is a TYDAC customer since 2001. The utilities departments of the city, such as sewage, water supply, and gas, use exclusively a web-based GIS, which meets all their requirements. In addition, the system enables external partners to access specific data they need for their daily work. Of course, it is complemented with a public appearance. The entire application is managed by TYDAC as hosting.
Felice Vaglio, Head of Surveying and GIS:
TYDAC is an amazing partner, open to new customer wishes and ideas, innovative, and always proposing smart solutions. The company has only 6 employees (and many customers), a clear proof that efficiency and "straightforwardness" is practiced and lived. This would be impossible without the necessary expertise. TYDAC team: go on like that!
The city uses a variety of components to cover the needs of users:
- Desktop GIS at the surveying department for data capture: AutoCAD Map 3D
- FME Desktop, Professional Edition
- Mapping Server: Autodesk Infrastructure MapServer (AIMS), UMN MapServer/MapCache
- SQLite Databases
- TYDAC MAP+ as the integration and publishing platform
Currently a total of 40 layers are published on the intranet of the city, among others:
- Backgrounds: surveying, aerial images, OSM++ topography
- Utilities; sewage, water supply, gas
- Zoning, land cover
- Building inventory with links to PDF documentation
- WMS services of the canton of Zurich
- etc. ...
Desktop, Mobile, Intranet, Internet
No matter if at the office, at home, or on the way. For the intranet, extranet, or the public.
MAP+ is automatically adopted to the device you are using (responsive Design). Using Smartphones with an optimum in functionality and performance - looking the same as on the desktop. Of course with functionality for localization (GPS). MAP+ can as well be configured for any number of roles and users.