Darnuzer Engineers Inc. operates as engineering and surveying office in Davos since 1937. Besides the classic activities they offer a Web GIS solution based on MAP+ to their clients. The applications are hosted at TYDAC but administered independently by employees of Darnuzer Engineers Inc.
Stefan Darnuzer, CEO:
Since more than 10 years we implement Web GIS application for our customer base along with TYDAC as our supplier. Short response times, high availability and flexibility of the applications led to customer satisfaction among end users and among our employees. Currently switching from Neapoljs to MAP+, we are moving towards the newest technologies and defining and implementing new applications along with our customers.
Comprehensive Offering for Municipalities
Lets for example look at Klosters-Serneus, a famous skiing resort. Over 90 layers of valuable information, accessible by any employee of the commune, for example:
- Building, streets
- Snow removal, maintenance
- Planning, zoning
- Sports infrastructure
- Aerial images of different years
Hosted by TYDAC - Administered by the Clients
The application and data are hosted on TYDAC Servers, however the client stays independent and can administer everything himself:
- User interface
- PDF layouts, scales, options
- Add, alter, remove content
- Define search criteria
- Define users and roles
And all of this just editing configuration files, no compiling, no complexity.
External Services - Easy to implement
In addition to their own data, municipalities can integrate services from cantonal departments, from federal government, or from GeoGR:
- The commune can access ownership information using the SIX Terravis service (92% of the parcels are covered). Terravis is the electronic information portal for land registry data in Switzerland. Using a two-way SSL connection ownership is queried directly accessing the land registries of the canton.
- Google StreetView integration
- TYDAC offers free access to its OSM++ maps and to all Points of Interests of mapplus.ch
- Using the WMS interface of MAP+ external services can be loaded to any map and even be stored as a bookmark