The Sunrise Progress Tracking System (PTS) is a Web GIS for the intranet and extranet that delivers information about the current status and availability of various technologies in wireless and landline networks. The Web GIS is used by employees in call centers, in shops, or in maintenance and documentation. Sunrise PTS is more than a simple publication system. It also serves the detection of vulnerabilities and the planning of network optimization.
Using the PTS application, infrastructure and network coverage can be viewed and queried:
- Coverage: 2G, 3G, 4G - Indoor and Outdoor
- Fixnet availability in Switzerland
- Antenna-information, as well as historical information
- Outages (real-time) and problem zones
- Infrastructure fixnet
- Sunrise centers and shops
- Supplemental information such as population, construction zones, public transport stops, etc.
Powerful Search Engine, Coverage Analysis
Users can search through all addresses of the country (GeoPost) and for all streets (OSM). As a search engine, Apache Lucene Solr was used. For every found location, the network coverage for 2G, 3G and 4G is shown.
- Search on several million objects
- Intelligent suggestion system, as an example, when searching for Bern Luternauweg 12, you can enter: "Bern Luter" or "Luter Bern" - the matches are shown within milliseconds
- The search is extremely fast on huge datasets - Apache Lucene is an enterprise-level, highly scalable search engine, used, for example, by Wikipedia and Twitter